THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Reading


My answers to Mdm Phua's latest blog post, reading. Starting from now.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1. I think it is to not only get them silent but to enhance their english and get their brain working. Is that it?




2. I do. Its fun to read because its interesting and I get to learn new words and see magic words (and I mean spell-casting) such as e.g. Brisingr, Adurna risa, Letta, etc..




3. I like reading. It has some peace and quiet and you just drown into your book and you are immediately in the world of fiction and fantasy. Go figure.


4. I like to read fiction and fantasy books. A lot of imagination is allowed, even if its without pictures, it still allows imagination. You dont really need pictures to imagine, you know.


5. Maybe. Maybe not. Different people, different paths and different work of brain. Smart people, yes, because they'd think and know they learnt a lot more, slouchy and lazy people, no, because they'd think the book is just a source of fun and never think they learn anything new.


6. With posters saying "Hey! Read your book and we'll guarantee you drown into a world of fantasy!" or "Read your book and you'll get a reward: knowledge!". Something like that I guess. Or the school could put a divider in the hall, one side for playing and another for reading. But the playing side could be filled with some boring stuff, and the kids start to realise reaading is more fun than playing there and soon the reading side would be full. Not very bright, but its average.


7. I should say that you can read the books from Eragon Series (Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr). Not many pictures (in fact none at all), full of words but otherwise dreamy and you can learn magic spell-casting words (though they might be useless). But I dont think anyone of you who is reading this post would go for it because.... its unnaturally thick. Eragon took me 3 days to read, 3 days for Eldest and 4 days for Brisingr. (I'm a fast reader, thank you very much.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are my answers. Thank you very much. Goodbye!

0 comments: