THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 28, 2008

My trip to Darul Ihsan Muslim Girls Orphanage

OK, it all started out on the 25th of July, which I was sick with diarrhoea and fever and could not go to school. It was still 8:20 AM, so of course I was still in bed. But luckily, around 2 PM I was able to stand up and walk around, as I felt too weak in the morning. My dad and mum locked themselves in their room, and I'm sorry, I eavesdropped a bit. I couldn't make out a single word, but they were in a deep discussion. 20 minutes later, they came out, only seeing me playing with my Beados (its the toy that you create a picture with beads and then spray it with water and they will join together in approximately 10 minutes) and my sister on her laptop. (me and my sister have our own laptops, and I'm using mine right now to type this very post.) My mum called out to us to stop playing for a moment because my parents wanted to talk to us. So after we were seated, my mum started talking. She said "Tomorrow we are going to take you to an orphanage, but we're going early in the morning." Then I spoke up "What are we there for?" My dad replied "We're going there to teach you a lesson and that lesson is 'How Lucky You Are'." he said with a grin. "The orphanage said we could bring donuts, because they said they LOVE donuts." my mum continued. "Right, so has this conversation coming to an end? I'm tired mummy." I said. She nodded, and I packed up my Beados and took a long nap. I had a dream, picturing the orphanage. It was a bad picture. Next day, we were up early, or should I say my sister and my parents woke up early. My mum said I was not too well yet, and so it was decided I only went after they bought the donuts. So I dozed off again, but woke at 9 AM. They still weren't back, so I had some free time. I played with my baby brother for 10 minutes, and after that he had to eat his breakfast (He has no teeth yet, so he eats foods that are like mashed up. So I took out my Beados and since I just did it for fun, I didn't spray, I just make it, keep back the beads and make a different picture. Then my mother called saying for me to get ready. So I got ready as fast as I could. Then the van rolled in the car park, and when I went to the back of the van, there were two big bags with three donut boxes each. Each boxes had twelve pieces of donuts. So we were off to the orphanage, I didn't know the name of the orphanage, but I knew there would be a sign that will tell. And sure enough when we got there, I was surprised that it wasn't the same bad picture as it was in my dream. It was like a school, only smaller. And the sign said this: Darul Ihsan Girls Orphanage. The first thing I saw was the kitchen through a glass door, and I also saw lots of girls. The girls were wearing bandanas, and were playing. Some of them are aged like me, some older. So we went in, and the girls greeted us. We plopped the donuts on a table and told the cook its for the girls. Right then and there, the principal burst in the room. The girls stood up and bowed respectfully. Then they sat again and continued what they were doing. The principal led us outside and thanked us for the donuts. She also said if we came again we can also bring other stuff other than food. Then, as me, my sister and my dad waited outside, my mum went inside the principal's office and talked to her. 10 minutes later, we were back in the van and we drove home. We now know that not many people are very lucky, and we now always make we don't take things for granted. We have to cherish everything that God has given us.

The moral of this post is that NEVER waste food, or pollute and don't take things for granted. Once we do, we might never stop and we would one day lose EVERYTHING we have. And it would our own fault. So, I hope you learn something from this post. Thank you and keep posting!

- Posting Hana <<

1 comments:

Hana said...

Sorry for grammar, I was in a rush that day so I didnt check.